These gas saving tips brought to you by Streets Insurance Agency
1. Drive calmly and smoothly– Speeding and hard braking wastes gas.
2. Keep your tires inflated to the proper pressure- Underinflated tires make your car work harder and use more gas.
3. Use the right gear– When you’re driving uphill, use a higher gear to save gas. When you’re driving downhill, use a lower gear.
4. Avoid excessive idling– If you’re going to be stopped for more than 30 seconds, turn off your engine.
5. Plan your trips carefully– Combine errands and try not to make unnecessary trips.
6. Take advantage of carpools and public transportation– Not only will this save you money on gas, but it will also help reduce pollution.
7. Buy a fuel-efficient car– There are many fuel-efficient cars available today that will save you money on gas.
8. Shop around for the best gas prices– There can be a significant difference in the price of gas from one station to the next. https://gasbuddy.com is a useful app' to find the best deals.
9. Use a gas credit card– Many gas credit cards offer points or rewards that can be redeemed for merchandise or discounts on gas.
10. Invest in a fuel-saving device– There are many devices available that can help you save money on gas, such as a fuel-saving gauge or a fuel-saving chip.
By following the tips outlined in this article, drivers can save money on gas. Whether by taking advantage of discounts or by making small changes to your driving habits, drivers can save a significant amount of money.